Choose your preferred way of learning in a 1 Day Course or online.
A blend of course material, personalised mentoring and on the job application.
Receive training from experienced coaches and trainers from industry.
Receive a guidebook with checklists and templates to use immediately.
In-House or Offsite
What Makes this Program Unique?
The Coaching Skills for Managers program is an introduction to coaching skills for people in senior management positions. This program was designed by Ilsé Strauss who has over 15+ years of business and leadership coaching and training experience. Reports from managers who participated in the pilot program was that they experienced a greater sense of self-identity as leaders, transformation of a values based workplace culture and better relationships with their teams.
Contact Ilsé to enquire about the Coaching Skills for Managers program
on 0427 355 138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Day Course
Coaching Skills for Managers
The 4 units in your Coaching Skills for Managers program is an abridged program and comprised 16 learning outcomes to enable a workplace coaching initiative.
The Role of Coaching in the Workplace
- Understand the role of the organisation in supporting the coaching framework
- Discover the characteristics and commitments of an effective coach for the workplace
- Identify the requirements for coachee suitability for the coaching initiative
- Recognise misuse of the coaching initiative and how to avoid them
Workplace Coaching Styles
- Learn how to approach formal coaching sessions for maximum benefits
- Identify the advantages of informal coaching in the workplace for increased results
- Discover how non-formal coaching can be used to create a culture of knowledge-sharing
- Explore the positive and negative aspects of personality can influence coaching in the workplace
- Learn how to conduct a formal coaching session using the RACE Model of coaching
- Demonstrate the use of the RACE coaching framework with a coachee
- Receive feedback from your coach mentor on your coaching in the workplace skills
- Identify some of the common blindspots of values-based coaching and how to remain acutely aware.
Technical Coaching Skills
- Learn how to apply cause and effect in the values based coaching initiative
- Identify the markers of transformational listening skills for deep communication
- Discover a variety of meta questioning skills to encourage cognitive thinking
- Understand the capability of sensemaking to identify common values incongruencies
- Understand the roles of coach and coachee in the coaching initiative
- Discover the various coaching styles for values based coaching
- Demonstrate your ability to conduct a coaching session
- Learn the technical skills suited for coaching in the workplace
- This course is a 1 day course for attendees of Live or Face to Face sessions.
- All learners have access to Q&A support for 1 month at no additional charge
You can complete this course via one of three ways:
- Option 1 – 1 Day face to face learning environment
- Option 2 – 1 Day live virtual classes to complete your course
- Option 3 – Self-paced learning with online access to course recordings
The following program materials will be provided for you:
- 4 Sessions delivered as classes either Live, Virtually or Recordings in your Coaching Skills for Managers program
- Course Guidebook that provides you with important checklists and templates you need for your program.
- Diagnostics that assesses a variety of aspects such as coachee personality, values and strengths.
- Program Mentoring You can book a call with your course mentor at any stage in before or after your course, to improve your experience with assessments, workplace activities and goal achievement.
- Contact Us Contact us via email for 24hr turnaround advice and answers
The Coaching Skills for Managers is a non-accredited program and therefore you do not need to sit any exams nor do you have mandatory work submissions. Our program is however based upon standards provided by the International Coaching Federation.
There is a range of broader implications and opportunities for you upon completing this course. For instance:
- Implement the coaching ethics inititive in local, national and international divisions
- Apply coaching skills in strategic sessions, meetings and within internal training and development programs
- Add to the fabric of a positive ethical climate and organisational culture
As a result of completing this program, you will increase your coaching skills and capabilities as needed in these roles:
- Board Director
- NFP Leader
- Organizational Consultants
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Educators and Trainers
You can pay either in full or in instalments. Please speak with us about your preferred option.
The Coaching Skills for Managers program is developed for adult learning, and uses experiential and blended learning as our mode of delivery.
At the end of each session you will develop an Action Plan based on the learning outcomes. This means that you can immediately start coaching and benefit from the workshop.
Course Theoretical Frameworks
This program is based on various coaching frameworks applicable to the workplace including, but not limited to values congruence, ethical leadership, positive organisational behaviours, plus more.
The Coaching Skills for Managers course is suitable for people who are responsible for leading a team.
Small Business Owners
This includes start-up, small and medium business managers who have limited time or insufficient HR support to develop employee’s.
Emerging Leaders & NGO’s
Emergent leaders who are values conscious and committed to ensuring the ethical development of self and those around them.
Educators & Consultants
Responsible educators and consultants will benefit from this course for their own personal development.
Research across the world reports values incongruence as a factor in employee disengaement, attrition and decreased job satisfaction. Coaching Skills provides the organisational with a framework that incorporates the essential capabilities to rebuild values congruency, positive workplace behaviour and trust within the organisation.